Learn to make the perfect hard boiled eggs whether you like a soft, medium or hard yolk!
- 8 large eggs
- Remove your eggs from the fridge about 10 minutes prior to boiling them if possible to allow them to warm up a bit – this will limit the shells from cracking when you place the cold eggs in the boiling hot water
- Add cold water to a saucepan – fill it 3/4 of the way full. You want to choose a saucepan that is large enough to allow the eggs to lay in a single layer once added to the pot
- Place the pot over high heat and bring the water to a boil
- Once the water comes to a rolling boil, slowly lower the eggs down in to the pot to cook
- Leave the heat on high and do not cover the pot. If your eggs bounce around a lot, you can reduce the heat to medium-high
- Immediately set a timer based on how you want your eggs cooked – refer to the image above for boiling times. I like to boil mine for 7 minutes and 30 seconds most days
- While the eggs boil prepare a large ice bath
- Once the timer goes off, immediately transfer the eggs to the ice bath and allow them to cool in the ice bath for 10 minutes
- Remove the eggs from the ice bath, peel and enjoy!
Keywords: hard boiled eggs, hard boiled egg times, perfect hard boiled eggs