- 8oz green beans
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup avocado oil – or any neutral oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Slice green beans into thirds. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and prepare an ice bath by filling a small bowl with ice cubes and cold water. Add sliced green beans to the pot of boiling water to blanch. Leave them in the boiling water for 5 minutes and then transfer to the ice bath.
- While the beans blanch, prepare the honey mustard dressing by whisking together the yellow mustard, whole grain mustard, honey, apple cider and oil. Set aside.
- Slice white onion into thin strips. Open, drain and rinse the cans of kidney beans and chickpeas. Add the kidney beans and chickpeas to a large mixing bowl along with the onion and blanched and drained green beans.
- Pour the honey mustard dressing into the bowl and toss to combine. Add the salt and pepper to the bowl and toss again.
** For best flavor I like to make this bean salad a few hours before serving so that the dressing has time to soak into the beans.