These Healthier Double Chocolate Truffles are a healthier sweet treat that you can easily make at home. They are creamy and delicious and made with grain-free and vegan ingredients!
Make a batch of chocolate truffles for the people you love!
This past Christmas I gave out my usual gifts, but also some homemade cookies. After the holidays were over, I got the most thank yous about the cookies. It was a nice reminder that a homemade sweet treat is sometimes better than a material possession.
So for Valentine’s Day this year, you may want to consider making some homemade truffles for your loved ones! You will be amazed at how easy it is to make these healthy truffles at home. They are made with vegan and grain-free ingredients.
What kitchen tools will I need to make these Healthier Double Chocolate Truffles?
What ingredients will I need to make these vegan chocolate truffles?
Let’s make some Healthier Double Chocolate Truffles!
Step 1: Process Cashews and Melt Chocolate
First, place the raw cashews in the food processor and process until a sand like texture remains. Then, keep processing until the cashews start to clump together and are on their way to becoming cashew butter.
Next, melt chocolate chips in the microwave or on the stovetop in a double boiler. If using the microwave, only microwave at short, 30 second increments, stirring between each.
Step 2: Process the other ingredients!
Step 3: Roll into truffles and chill.
Next, line a plate with some parchment paper. Then, take 1 heaping tablespoon of dough and roll into a tight ball and place on the plate.
Continue rolling the dough into balls until you have used all of the dough. You should have about 12 truffles. Then, place the truffles in the fridge to chill.
Step 4: Cover in chocolate and chill again.
Once the truffles have chilled for 30 minutes, melt more chocolate. Then, roll each truffle in the melted chocolate and return to the plate.
If desired, garnish with flakey sea salt and return to the fridge. Chill for an additional 15 minutes.
Step 5: Enjoy!
How should I store these chocolate truffles?
I tried storing these on the counter or in the refrigerator and both will work for a few days, but I prefer to keep them in the fridge. Keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. Remove from the refrigerator and allow the truffle to soften a bit before enjoying.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!Print
A healthier version of chocolate truffles that you can easily make in your own home!
- Add cashews to a food processor and process until they are the texture of sand
- Continue processing until the cashew pieces clump together and begin to form a butter
- Melt 3/4 cup of chocolate chips in the microwave at 30 second intervals until melted or melt in a double boiler on the stovetop
- Add salt, maple syrup, cocoa powder, and melted chocolate chips to the food processor with the cashews
- Process until a smooth, evenly combined mixture remains
- Take 1 heaping tablespoon of the dough, roll into tight ball, and place on a parchment lined plate. Repeat until 12 truffles are made and all dough is used
- Place truffles in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes
- Melt 1 cup of chocolate chips in the microwave at 30 second intervals until melted or melt in a double boiler on the stovetop
- Roll each chilled truffle in the melted chocolate and return to the plate
- Sprinkle with flakey sea salt and put the chocolate covered truffles back into the fridge to chill for an additional 15 minutes until chocolate sets
Keywords: chocolate truffles, healthy dessert, healthy truffles