Juicy pan seared chicken made with simple ingredients.
- Slice chicken breasts in half horizontally so you have 2 thinner pieces from each chicken breast
- Mix salt, pepper, and garlic powder (or any seasonings you are using) in a small mixing bowl
- Season all 4 chicken breast pieces on top and bottom with the seasoning mixture
- Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat
- Once the oil is hot, add the seasoned chicken breast to the pan – if you only have a small cast iron skillet, cook the chicken in batches
- Cook the chicken over medium heat for 8 minutes, flipping every 2 minutes **the flipping is crucial for getting an evenly cooked piece of chicken!!
- After 8 minutes the chicken should be fully cooked through with an internal temp of 165F. If it is not, continue cooking for an additional 2 minutes
- Remove the chicken from the pan immediately and allow to rest on a cutting board for at least 5 minutes before slicing to lock in moisture
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days
Keywords: pan seared chicken, easy pan seared chicken breast, simple chicken breast recipe