Servings: 12 servings 1x
- 2 large carrots
- 1/2 a head of cauliflower
- 1/2 a red bell pepper
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1 jalapeño – optional
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- Pour vinegar, water, salt, sugar, and mustard seeds into a sauce pan. Heat over medium-high heat until the mixture boils.
- As soon as it boils, stir the mixture gently and turn off the heat. Allow the mixture to cool slightly on the stove while you prep the veggies.
- Chop the cauliflower head into small florets, slice the carrots and celery on a diagonal into slices, slice the bell pepper and jalapeño (if desired). Arrange the veggies in three 2 cup wide mouth jars.
- Spoon the mustard seeds from the brine into each jar. Pour the slightly warm brine over the veggies.
- Allow them to cool completely at room temperature. Then, place the lid on the jars and place in the fridge. They will continue to pickle in the fridge so let them sit for at least 24 hours before consuming.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.