Servings: 10 muffins 1x
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup neutral vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips + more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 10 muffin tin cups with muffin liners.
- Grate zucchini on a cheese grater. Use a tea towel to squeeze out the excess moisture from the zucchini. Really squeeze it! Pour grated zucchini into a large mixing bowl with the egg, sugar, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Fold dry ingredients into wet with a rubber spatula. The batter will be thicker than a standard muffin batter.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and place ¼ cup of batter in each of 10 muffin cups. Top with more chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350F for 22-24 minutes. Cool completely and enjoy.
- To make gluten free you can replace the all purpose flour with a 1:1 gluten free all purpose flour
- Replace the chocolate chips with chopped walnuts or pecans for an added crunch
- You can use chopped chocolate or white chocolate chips in place of regular chocolate chips
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.