Servings: 4 servings
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup fresh diced cucumber (I like to use seedless english cucumber)
1 cup diced dill pickles
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp dill pickle juice
2 tbsp fresh chopped dill
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- Place chicken breasts in a sauce pan and fill with water until the chicken is covered with at least 2 inches of water.
- Heat over high heat until the water comes to a rolling boil. Cover the pan with a lid and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 14 minutes and remove the chicken from the pot immediately.
- While the chicken cooks, dice cucumber and pickles, and chop dill. Mix cucumbers, pickles, mayo, pickle juice, dill and crushed red pepper together in a large mixing bowl.
- Allow chicken breasts to cool slightly and then shred with two forks. Cool shredded chicken completely (this happens pretty quickly) and then mix with the wet ingredients.
- Toss to combine completely and place in the fridge to chill. Serve cold.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.