Deviled Egg Pasta Salad
Use your leftover Easter eggs to make a delicious Deviled Egg Pasta Salad. Mix deviled eggs into a creamy sauce and toss with cooked pasta and vegetables.
This post is sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market. I received compensation, but all opinions are my own.
Hands down one of my favorite things about Easter week, besides spending time with my family, is dying Easter eggs. I get almost competitive about it. I try to make the brightest, boldest and most interesting Easter eggs. Luckily my grandmother always makes about 3 dozen hard boiled eggs for us to dye so there is more than enough to go around… and yes I am 26 years old.
But what to do with all of those extra hard boiled eggs when Easter is over? My grandfather usually sends them home with us for a snack on the airplane. It doesn’t make us many friends on the plane, but it does confuse TSA when we try to bring them through security. Thankfully I have teamed up with Sprouts to share this deviled egg pasta salad recipe that you can use for all of those leftover Easter eggs!
I purchased all of the ingredients for this deviled egg pasta salad at Sprouts because I trust their prices and I know they always have a fantastic produce selection! I especially love their Sprouts brand items like the eggs and fusili pasta that I used in this recipe. Their wide selection and low prices make it possible for me to make just one grocery trip that week and, trust me, that NEVER happens.
How to make deviled egg pasta salad
It could not be easier to throw together this deviled egg pasta salad. The instructions below call for carrots and celery, but if you have veggies leftover from your Easter meal you can throw them into the pasta salad instead for another way to use up leftovers.
First just cook up your pasta. I chose fusilli, but any kind of pasta will work. Then peel and half the hard boiled eggs and scoop out the yolks. Place to the side in a mixing bowl.
Chop the whites into bite size pieces and add to a large mixing bowl along with shredded carrots and celery. Combine the yolks with other wet ingredients to make a sauce.
Drizzle dressing over cooked pasta, veggies and egg whites and combine thoroughly.
How to serve deviled egg pasta salad
Serve the pasta salad chilled and top with salt, pepper, and green onion for extra flavor. This pasta salad can be a great addition to a dinner of leftovers or the star of the show for a weekly meal prep.
Be sure to visit Sprouts when shopping for ingredients! The full recipe can be found below and if you make something creative with your leftover easter eggs, please share it with me on Instagram!
Deviled Egg Pasta Salad
- 1 lb. Sprouts brand fusilli pasta
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 medium carrots
- 3 stalks of celery
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- Green onion for garnish
- Cook fusilli pasta according to package instructions. After cooking rinse pasta in a colander with cold water.
- Cook hard boiled eggs and peel them. Slice eggs in half and separate whites and yolks. Cut whites into bite size pieces and place yolks in a mixing bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper to the mixing bowl with yolks. Combine all ingredients until a smooth sauce forms.
- Shred the carrots and cut the celery into bite size pieces.
- Pour sauce over the cooked fusilli noodles and mix thoroughly.
- Mix in celery, shredded carrots and egg white pieces. Top with sliced green onion.
- Serve chilled and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Leave a Comment