Servings: 8 servings 1x
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup hot sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp cayenne
- 1 (8oz) brick of cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- Green onion or chive to garnish
- Place boneless skinless chicken breasts in a crockpot in an even layer.
- In a small dish whisk together hot sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Pour that mixture over the chicken breasts and toss until they are evenly coated.
- Close the lid and turn the crockpot on to low. Cook on low for 3 hours. After 3 hours the chicken should be cooked through – check for an internal temperature of 165F, if they are not yet cooked through, continue checking the temp at 30 minute increments. Shred them with 2 forks or you can use an electric hand mixer to shred the chicken in the crockpot.
- Once the chicken is shredded, place the rick of cream cheese and the sour cream into the crockpot. Close the lid to let the cream cheese melt for about 15 minutes while keeping the heat on low.
- After 15 minutes stir the cream cheese and sour cream into the chicken until an even mixture remains.
- Spread the shredded cheese over the top of the dip. Close the lid and cook for another 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Switch the crockpot to warm and garnish with blue cheese and green onion or chives and serve!
- You can use buffalo sauce in place of hot sauce if you prefer that flavor
- Feel free to add more or less hot sauce depending on how much spice you can tolerate
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.