Crispy tofu made in the air fryer
Air Fryer Tofu
- 1 block of extra firm tofu
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch (can sub cornstarch)
- 1 tso salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Spray oil – I use avocado
- Drain package of extra firm tofu and press tofu for 20 minutes. You can do this in a tofu press or wrap tofu in a clean towel and place under a heavy weight like books or a large pan. When tofu is pressed cut into 1″ cubes.
- Combine arrowroot starch, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika in a small bowl. Toss cubed tofu in this mixture until each cube is evenly coated.
- Place seasoned tofu in an air fryer basket. Spray tofu on all sides with a spray oil. Preheat air fryer to 400F.
- Place tofu in air fryer and cook at 400F for 8 minutes. Remove tray from air fryer and toss. Return tofu to air fryer and cook for an additional 7 minutes.
- While the tofu cooks prepare the peanut sauce by whisking together peanut butter, lime juice, sesame oil, rice vinegar, sriracha, water and coconut aminos
- Serve crispy air fryer tofu with quinoa or brown rice, fresh veggies, peanut sauce and green onions
Keywords: air fryer tofu, tofu air fryer, air fryer tofu recipes