Servings: 2 servings 1x
- 4 strips thick cut bacon
- 2 slices hearty bread like sourdough
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add the bacon. Cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon from the pan, but leave the grease behind.
- While the bacon is cooking, cut the bread into cubes.
- After cooking the bacon, reduce heat to low and toast the bread cubes in the bacon grease until golden brown.
- Dice the tomatoes and sprinkle with a little kosher salt, chop the bacon and cut the romaine lettuce into shreds.
- Place tomatoes, toasted breast, bacon, and lettuce in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the mayo, olive oil apple cider, vinegar and sugar. Pour over salad and toss to coat completely. Top with fresh cracked black pepper and either finely chopped chives or fresh parsley.
- I like to use thick cut bacon, but you can use thin or regular bacon or even turkey bacon
- If using turkey bacon, you will need a bit of oil for toasting the bread
- Garnish with fresh chives to add even more flavor this salad
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.