This Chocolate Sea Salt Paleo Granola is the perfect healthy breakfast or snack to cure all your chocolate cravings. Each paleo granola cluster is coated in a rich chocolate sauce and then topped with sea salt for the perfect balance of sweet and salty.
Chocolate for breakfast, anyone?
When I was a kid I always chose the chocolate breakfast cereals over the sweet ones. Give me a bowl of Reese’s Puffs instead of Trix any day! This chocolate paleo granola brings me back to those days of sweet chocolate cereal for breakfast.
This is a completely grain-free granola recipe that is made with seeds, nuts, coconut, and a rich chocolate coating. Bake up a batch of this paleo granola for the perfect blend of sweet and salty!
What kitchen tools will I need to make this Chocolate Sea Salt Paleo Granola?
What ingredients will I need to make this healthy chocolate granola?
- Sliced almonds
- Unsweetened coconut chips
- Roughly chopped pecans
- Sunflower seeds
- Cocoa powder
- Maple syrup
- Coconut oil
Let’s make some Chocolate Sea Salt Paleo Granola!
Step 1: Mix dry ingredients
Step 2: Coat dry ingredients with wet ingredients
Next, heat coconut oil and maple syrup until the coconut oil melts. Pour wet mixture over dry and toss to combine evenly.
Step 3: Bake, cool, and crumble
Then, spread granola over a baking sheet into a then even layer. Make sure the ingredients all touch each other so that clusters form. Bake at 300F for 35 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool fully. Finally, crumble granola into clusters.
Step 4: Enjoy!
How should I store this paleo granola?
Once the granola has cooled fully you can crumble the granola and store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 7 days.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!Print
A healthy paleo granola made with seeds, nuts, cocnut and a chocolate, sea salt coating.
- Preheat oven to 300F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl combine almonds, coconut chips, pecans, sunflower seeds, salt, and cocoa powder
- Mix ingredients until full combined and the cocoa powder is evenly distributed
- Heat maple syrup and coconut oil until the coconut oil melts
- Pour liquid over dry ingredients and toss to combine evenly
- Spread granola onto a baking sheet in a thin even layer – do not leave gaps between the ingredeints so you end up with large clusters at the end
- Bake at 300F for 35 minutes – check the granola at 30 minutes becuase some ovens are stronger than others
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely – this will take almost an hour. Then break into clusters
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to one week
Keywords: granola, paleo granola, chocolate paleo granola