Servings: 3 servings 1x
- 2 dark chocolate bars (6-7oz total)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
Whipped Cream Layer
- 1 cup heavy cream – very cold
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Crushed oreos
- Fresh raspberries or fresh diced strawberries
- To prepare the chocolate layer, break chocolate bars into small pieces in a heat safe mixing bowl. Heat 1 cup heavy cream on the stove until it just beegins to boil and pour very hot cream over the chocolate bar. Whisk until the chocolate is melted and a smooth ganache remains. Sift 2 tbsp cocoa powder and 2 tbsp powdered sugar through a fine mesh strainer to sift out the clumps and fold into the ganache with a flate spatula, fold in the salt and place in the fridge to cool while you prepare the whipped cream.
- Whisk 1 cup heavy cream with ½ cup powdered sugar and a splash of vanilla extract. Whisk vigorously with a hand whisk or use an electric mixer. Mix until soft, smooth peaks form about 2 minutes. Careful not to overmix the whipped cream
- Assemble the parfaits first with a layer of the cooled ganache, then the whipped cream, then either crushed oreos or berries, continue layering until the cup is filled. You should be able to make 3 servings.
- Best if enjoyed immediately! You can store in the fridge for up to 4 days, but the chocolate layer will be thicker when fully chilled.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.