Servings: 9 slices 1x
- 1 stick (½ cup) butter – melted
- 2 eggs – room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk – room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together melted butter, eggs, buttermilk, sugar, and instant coffee until smooth.
- Pour flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt into the bowl. Whisk again until a smooth batter remains.
- Pour batter into a greased or lined 8×8 baking pan and smooth into an even layer. Bake at 350F for 40 minutes.
- Remove cake from the oven and set aside.
- Immediately prepare chocolate ganache. Pour semi-sweet chocolate chips into a mixing bowl. Heat heavy cream in a sauce pan over high heat until it just starts to boil. Pour scalded cream over the chocolate chips and whisk immediately. Continue whisking until completely smooth.
- Pour ganache over warm cake in the pan and smooth over top.
- Allow cake to cool completely before cutting into slices.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.