Servings: 10 slices 1x
- 1 medium zucchini
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup neutral tasting vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper or grease with oil
- Trim the ends off the zucchini and shred using a cheese grater. Place the zucchini shreds in a tea towel and squeeze out any excess moisture. Set zucchini shreds aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla, Whisk until smooth then mix in the shredded zucchini.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Fold dry ingredients into wet with a flat spatula.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan and bake at 350F for 60-65 minutes or until it is cooked through and golden brown on the outside. Insert a toothpick into the middle of the loaf and check that it comes out clean.
- Allow the loaf to cool completely before removing from the pan. Cut into slices and enjoy!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.