Servings: 12 scones 1x
- Preheat to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all purpose flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt.
- Grate the stick of cold butter directly into the bowl with a cheese grater. Mix together with clean hands, very gently mixing butter into the dry ingredients. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, heavy cream, and egg. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix with a silicone spatula until it is well combined. The mixture should be wet but easy to shape.
- Turn out onto a well floured surface and shape into an 8″ x 12″ rectangle. Cut the rectangle into 12 even triangles by first cutting it into 6 squares and cutting each square in half on a diagonal.
- Arrange triangles on the lined baking sheet. Bake at 400F for 13-14 minutes. Scones will be golden brown but still slightly soft and fluffy.
- Cool completely, dust with powdered sugar and serve.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.