Servings: 15 cookies 1x
- 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick) at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3.5oz dark chocolate bar cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cup pitted and chopped fresh sweet cherries
- Add room temperature butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar to a large mixing bowl. Mix with a hand mixer or the paddle attachment of a stand mixer. Mix until smooth and fluffy.
- Pour room temperature egg and vanilla extract into the bowl and mix again. Mix until a smooth mixture remains. Add flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder to the mixing bowl and mix once more.
- You should be left with a smooth, thick dough. Add chopped cherries and chocolate chunks to the bowl and mix in with a spatula. Pop the bowl into the fridge to chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop out 2 tbsp of dough for each cookie and roll into a ball. Place on the baking sheet with space between each cookie.
- Bake at 350F for 20-22 minutes. Remove from the oven and cook on a cooling rack and enjoy!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.