This Carrot Noodle Pad Thai is a healthy Whole30 twist on the traditional pad thai. Just substitute carrot noodles for the traditional ones and cashews for peanuts and you’ll have a healthy, one- pan dinner on the table in 30 minutes.
Who doesn’t love a big bowl of pad thai?
One of my favorite things to do while on the Whole30 is recreate some of my favorite takeout dishes like Black Pepper Chicken Stir Fry. My girlfriend’s favorite takeout dish is pad thai so I created this one just for her.
It is easier than you might think to swap out the traditional pad thai ingredients for healthy, Whole30 compliant options. I switched out the traditional rice noodles for carrot noodles and the peanut butter and peanuts for cashew butter and cashews.
What kitchen tools will you need to whip up this Whole30 Carrot Noodle Pad Thai?
You can either buy premade carrot noodles or spiralize carrots yourself. If you make the noodles yourself, you will need a spiralizer. Other than that you will only need simple kitchen tools.
- Sharp knife
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Wooden mixing spoon
- Large frying pan or wok
What ingredients will you need to make this healthy carrot noodle recipe?
- Carrot noodles
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Lime juice
- Sriracha – like Yellowbird sriracha
- Coconut aminos
- Ground ginger
- Garlic powder
- Cashew butter
- Fish sauce
- Avocado oil
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: Cilantro, cashews, green onion and lime for garnish
Let’s make a healthy Whole30 pad thai!
Step 1: Spiralize, Chop, and Mix
First, spiralize the carrots. Then, slice the chicken breasts into bite-size pieces. Next, whisk together the sauce ingredients into an even mixture.
Step 2: Sauté the Chicken
Then, add 1 tbsp of avocado to a large frying pan or wok and heat over medium heat. Add the seasoned chicken to the pan and cook for 6 minutes.
Step 3: Mix It All Together and Sauté Some More
Once the chicken has cooked, push it to one side of the pan and crack an egg directly into the pan. Then, scramble the egg.
Next, add the carrot noodles and the sauce into the pan and saute for 7-10 minutes or until soft.
Step 4: Garnish and Enjoy!
Once the noodles have cooked in the sauce for a few minutes, remove the pan from the heat. Finally, plate the noodles and garnish with cilantro, green onion, chopped cashews, and lime wedges.
How long will this Carrot Noodle Pad Thai Last in the refrigerator?
Once cooked this Carrot Noodle Pad Thai should be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Reheat the noodles and chicken in a frying pan over medium heat.
Keep reading for the full recipe and ingredient list. If you make this recipe please rate and review it in the comments or share it with me on Instagram.
- 4 cups carrot noodles
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Optional: cilantro, green onion and cashews for garnish
- Prepare the carrot noodles using a spiralizer or buy pre made carrot noodles
- Slice the chicken breasts into small, bite sized strips and season with salt and pepper
- Prepare a suace by combining lime juice, sriracha, coconut aminos, water, ginger, garlic, cashew butter, and fish sauce in a bowl, whisk until smooth
- Pour 1 tbsp avocado oil into a large frying pan or wok over medium heat
- Once the oil is hot add the seasoned chicken strips to the pan and saute for about 6 minutes
- Once the chicken is cooked push it to one side of the pan and crack an egg directly into the pan and scramble it
- Add the carrot noodles into the pan and pour the sauce over top
- Toss the ingredients until full coated in the sauce
- Allow the mixture to cook for about 7 minutes or until the noodles are soft
- Remove the pan from heat and serve the noodles. Garnish with green onion, cilantro, chopped cashew pieces, and lime wedges