Servings: 4 servings 1x
- 1 bell pepper
- ½ a white onion
- 1 can black beans
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 lime
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 white corn tortillas (approx. 5.5” in diameter each)
- Preheat oven to 425F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Thinly slice bell pepper and onion. Drain and rinse black beans and set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, place the peppers and onions in the pan. Saute over medium/medium-low heat for 8 minutes. Tossing frequently.
- While the peppers and onions cook, mix salt, pepper, chili powder and smoked paprika together in a small bowl.
- Pour black beans and seasoning mixture into the pan with the peppers and onions. Toss to coat the beans and veggies in the seasoning. Squeeze the juice from 1 lime into the pan and again toss to coat.
- Using a potato masher or the back of a fork, mash some of the black beans so you are left with some that are whole and some that are smashed. Remove pan from heat.
- Arrange 12 tortillas on 2 baking sheets. Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the tortillas. Spoon about 3 tbsp of black bean and veggie mixture onto one side of each of the tortillas.
- Bake at 425F for 3 minutes. Remove from the oven, fold in half and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite taco toppings!
- Feel free to use kidney beans, pinto beans or white beans in place of black beans for these baked tacos
- You can use about 2 tbsp of a pre-made taco seasoning in place of the seasoning blend listed about to save time
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.