Servings: 3 servings 1x
Steak and Mushrooms
- 1 and 1/2 lbs flank steak
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 8oz baby bella mushrooms
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4–5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee
- 2 tbsp heavy cream or non-dairy milk
- Salt and pepper
- Tenderize flank steak by pounding with a meat tenderizer and season the steak liberally on both sides. Slice mushrooms, dice the onion and cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Cut the steak into bite size pieces and toss in a mixing bowl with tapioca flour until each piece is coated. Heat avocado oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- When the oil is warm add steak to the pan. Cook over medium for 5 minutes tossing occasionally. Steam the cauliflower florets in a separate pan for 10 minutes or until very tender.
- Remove the steak from the pan, but leave the pan on the heat. Add onions, mushrooms and a couple of tablespoons of beef broth to the pan. Cooke the mushrooms and onions over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Return the steak to the pan with the mushrooms and onions and pour in the rest of the cup of beef broth. Increase the heat to medium-high, add a few sprigs of fresh thyme to the pan and saute for 5 minutes
- While the beef is simmering, remove excess liquid from the steamed cauliflower. Add butter, cream and salt to the steamed cauliflower. Stick an immersion blender into the pot and blend the cauliflower until it is smooth and creamy.
- Serve the beef and mushrooms over the cauliflower mash
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.