Servings: 24 squares 1x
Banana bread ingredients
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 stick unsalted butter (8 tbsp)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place ripe bananas in a large mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher or the back of a fork. Melt the stick of butter and pour into the bowl with the mashed bananas followed by the brown sugar, eggs, sour cream and vanilla extract.
- Whisk to combine the wet ingredients. Pour the flour, baking soda and salt into the bowl and fold in with a spatula. Then fold in the chocolate chips
- Pour the batter into a lined 9×13 baking dish. Place in the oven and back at 350F for 28-30 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center of the pan and if it comes out clean they are fully baked.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely. While they are cooling prepare the ganache. Heat heavy cream on the stove top until just starting to boil. Pour scalded cream over the chocolate chips in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the ganache constantly with a whisk until the milk is fully incorporated into the chocolate and a smooth ganache remains.
- Allow the ganache to cool completely. ONLY when the banana bars and the ganache are completely cool, pour ganache over top of the bars.
- Garnish with flakey sea salt and cut into squares
- Use extra ripe bananas – to ripe banana quickly place in the oven at 300F until the peel turns black
- To make gluten free use a 1:1 gluten free flour blend
- Use regular chocolate frosting in place of ganache if desired
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.