Servings: 8 servings 1x
- 8 strips of bacon
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1lb total)
- 1 packet of ranch dip seasoning or ranch dressing mix (or 1oz homemade ranch seasoning blend)
- 16oz full fat sour cream
- 8oz block of cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese – separated into 1 cup and 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 350F and cut bacon strips into smaller pieces. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat and cook the bacon until it is golden brown and crispy – about 7 minutes. Saute the bacon frequently to avoid burning.
- Turn the heat off and remove the bacon from the pan and the majority of the bacon grease. Return the heat to medium and carefully place chicken breasts in the pan. Cook the chicken breasts for 8 minutes on each side or until they are cooked all the way through.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the pan and set aside. Reduce the heat in the pan to medium-low. Put cream cheese, sour cream, ranch seasoning and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese in the pan. Stir constantly until a creamy even sauce remains.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Cut the chicken breast into cubes and add cubbed chicken breast and most of the cooked bacon to the cheese mixture. Stir to combine and top with 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 350F for 10-15 minutes until the cheese on top is fully melted and bubbling. Top with green onion, fresh herbs, and the leftover pieces of crispy bacon.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.