Servings: 6 servings 1x
- One 9” pie crust (I usually buy pre-made in the freezer section)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 a bunch of asparagus
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Flour for rolling out crust
- Flakey sea salt to taste
- If your pie crust is frozen, allow it to thaw completely. Preheat oven to 400F. Sprinkle a light layer of flour onto a piece of parchment paper. Place 9″ crust on top and roll out with a rolling pin until the crust is 12″ in diameter.
- Place shredded cheddar cheese into the middle of the crust leaving about 4″ of crust on all sides. Trim and slice asparagus stalks into 3 pieces. Arrange asparagus pieces in an even layer on top of the cheddar cheese.
- Brush asparagus with olive oil using a food brush. Season with fresh cracked black pepper. Fold the crust by folding small sections of the outside over the filling. Repeat this process making overlapping folds until all of the crust is folded.
- Brush the outside of the crust with a little olive oil and season with a small amount of flakey sea salt. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 400F for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with lemon zest.
- Allow the galette to cool slightly and then slice into 6 even slices and enjoy!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.