Servings: 4 servings 1x
- ½ yellow onion finely minced
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 lb meatloaf mixture (I used a mix of ground pork, beef and veal, but you can use either just beef or just pork and beef)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- ¼ cup ketchup (separated)
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Heat oil over medium-low heat in a small skillet and saute onion until soft and fragrant – 4-5 minutes
- Pour meatloaf mix, egg, milk, 2 tbsp ketchup, worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and sauted onions into a large mixing bowl. Mix together until the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Form mixture into 2 small loaves and place in the air fryer tray on an air fryer liner or a sheet of parchment paper.
- Preheat air fryer to 325F. Place meatloafs in the preheated air fryer on the parchment paper.
- Cook at 325F for 20 minutes. Remove from the air fryer and top each meatloaf with 1 tbsp of ketchup. Continue to cook at 325F for an additional 7 minutes. ** Cooking times may vary depending on your air fryer brand. I recommend using an instant read thermometer to test for an internal temperature of 160F.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving
- You can use ground beef, pork or turkey in place of the meatloaf mixture
- Use gluten free breadcrumbs in place of standard breadcrumbs
- I do not recommend using aluminum foil to line your air fryer. It can get too hot and the meatloaf tends to stick to it
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.