Servings: 2 servings 1x
- 1lb russet potatoes (about 2–3 medium or large potatoes)
- 1 tbsp oil
- Flakey sea salt
- Clean potatoes and cut into evenly sized fries aiming for 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch sticks
- Rinse cut fries in a strainer until the water runs clear – be sure to rinse any excess starch off of the surface of the fries.
- Dry fries with a paper towel and then toss with 1 tbsp of oil.
- Preheat air fryer to 400F and arrange fries on the air fryer tray with space between each fry – you may need to cook in batches.
- Air fry at 400F for 8 minutes then flip and air fry for another 8 minutes. Once all batches are cooked, warm the fries together for a couple of minutes in the air fryer and then toss with flakey sea salt.
- You can use any type of potato, but I prefer russet
- Cut the fries as uniform in size as possible to ensure even cooking
- If you have extra time, soak the cut fries for an hour in cold water and then rinse for extra crispy fries
- Leave space between the fries when air frying and cook in batches if needed. Reheat all batches together and then salt
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.