Servings: 2 servings 1x
- 1 lb flank steak – look for one that is about an inch thick
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika (standard not smoked)
- Take the flank steak out about 30 minutes prior to cooking to bring it to room temperature. Prepare the dry rub by mixing the brown sugar, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika in a small bowl.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350F. Take the flank steak and gently tenderize it on both sides using a meat tenderizer. Rub the dry rub into the flank steak with your hands. Be sure to rub it in on all sides.
- Place the steak in the air fryer basket and air fry at 350F for 4 minutes, flip the steak and air fry for another 4 minutes. Check the internal temp of the steak (I like 130F for a medium rare flank steak). Cook for longer if needed.
- Place the cooked steak on a cutting board and allow it to rest for at least 5 minutes. Determine the grain of the steak and slice the steak into strips against the grain.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.